Terms & Conditions
Table of Contents
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- STATEMENT OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- INFORMATION WE RECEIVE ABOUT YOU
- SERVICEREEF USING FACEBOOK LOGIN
- COOKIES, PIXELS, AND OTHER SYSTEM TECHNOLOGIES
- USER PAYMENT TERMS
- PAYMENT ACCOUNT AND SECURITIES
- COMMUNITY STANDARDS
- DMCA – DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Any Content, as defined above, entered into ServiceReef becomes the property of ServiceReef and may be used at the discretion of ServiceReef for display to other users, display on websites and/or applications, as well as in marketing materials or promotion of the website to other users, investors and advertisers.
- ServiceReef must approve all Content prior to it being displayed in any website or application. Consequently, you agree not to upload any Content to ServiceReef of any of the following type or description:
- Proprietary information of any individual company or business that you do not have the right to distribute.
- Copyrighted information of any individual, company or business where you do not hold the copyright.
- Images or other media that are not of a royalty-free or public domain nature.
- Unauthorized commercial communications, such as spam or advertising for the selling or promotion for selling a product, company or business.
- Unlawful multi-level marketing or solicitation for the purpose of signing up or registering for any promotion, business or other opportunity not related to ServiceReef.
- Information that is misleading, false, untrue or inaccurate.
- Promotion of one specific business entity over another business entity of the same or similar type where you stand to gain or profit from such promotion.
- Verbiage that uses foul or offensive language or references.
- Verbiage or images that attempt to bully, intimidate or harass another user.
- Verbiage or images that are hateful, threatening, immoral or pornographic in nature.
- Information that incites violence or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence of any kind, or references to participation in or initiation of illegal activity.
- Contests, giveaways, sweepstakes or any type of promotion.
- Verbiage or media that is unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
- Verbiage that infringes upon or violates someone else's rights, or includes personal information or identifying information of another person without the express permission of that person.
- Links to websites or other applications that violate any of the conditions listed above.
- Information about events, gatherings or locations where illegal or immoral activity takes place.
- ServiceReef at its sole discretion reserves the right to delete or alter any material that is in violation of the guidelines above or that cannot be explicitly confirmed or validated using reasonable efforts.
- ServiceReef at its sole discretion reserves the right to block or remove your access to ServiceReef due to a violation of the guidelines above.
- ServiceReef is not liable or responsible for any Content you provide.
Registration and Account Security
- If you choose to register on ServiceReef by creating an account, you agree to the following stipulations:
- You will provide your real and accurate name, email address and other contact information.
- You will not provide any false personal information or register as someone other than yourself.
- You will not create more than one account for yourself.
- You will not share your password with anyone else or let anyone else access your account.
- You will not use ServiceReef if you have pled guilty or been convicted of any crime against property or against another person, including if you are a sex offender.
Use of Information
Information provided through ServiceReef is designed to assist individuals and groups in connecting, resourcing, matching, and recommending by providing a forum type of environment. ServiceReef does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of information or ideas that appear on ServiceReef and does not promote or encourage the use of such information or ideas for any reason.
You agree not to hold ServiceReef liable or responsible for any actions you take or decisions you make as a result of any information or ideas obtained on ServiceReef.
3. STATEMENT OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
Statement of Rights and ResponsibilitiesThis Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with SERVICEREEF. By using or accessing SERVICEREEF, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how SERVICEREEF works.
- Privacy Your privacy is very important to us. We designed policies to make important disclosures about how you can use SERVICEREEF to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information.
- Sharing Your Content and Information You own all of the content and information you post on SERVICEREEF, and you can control certain privacy settings on your own through the site:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with SERVICEREEF (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of SERVICEREEF, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about SERVICEREEF, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- Safety We do our best to keep SERVICEREEF safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep SERVICEREEF safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on SERVICEREEF.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access SERVICEREEF, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on SERVICEREEF.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use SERVICEREEF to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of SERVICEREEF, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other SERVICEREEF functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- Registration and Account Security SERVICEREEF users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on SERVICEREEF, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a SERVICEREEF Page for such purposes.
- You will not use SERVICEREEF if you are under 13.
- You will not use SERVICEREEF if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- Protecting Other People's Rights We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on SERVICEREEF that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on SERVICEREEF if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including SERVICEREEF, the SERVICEREEF Logos, SR), or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on SERVICEREEF.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. SERVICEREEF offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
- Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on SERVICEREEF within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on SERVICEREEF.
- Payments If you make a payment on SERVICEREEF, you agree to our Payments Terms.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Social Plugins
SERVICEREEF uses social plugins, such as the Facebook, Twitter, and other functions. The following additional terms apply to you:
- We use other Social Plugins so that users can post links or content from other websites on to the SERVICEREEF platform.
- You give us permission to use and allow others to use such links and content on other social sites.
- You will not place a Social Plugin on any page containing content that would violate this Statement if posted on SERVICEREEF.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or SERVICEREEF exclusively in a state or federal court located in Jefferson County. The laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Jefferson County, Kentucky for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on SERVICEREEF, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on SERVICEREEF and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on SERVICEREEF. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on SERVICEREEF. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of SERVICEREEF.
- WE TRY TO KEEP SERVICEREEF UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING SERVICEREEF AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT SERVICEREEF WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT SERVICEREEF WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. SERVICEREEF IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR SERVICEREEF, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR SERVICEREEF WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, SERVICEREEF'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with SERVICEREEF outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on SERVICEREEF (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website.
- By "SERVICEREEF" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.SERVICEREEF.com and any other SERVICEREEF branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the share, like, tag and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from SERVICEREEF or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with SERVICEREEF.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on SERVICEREEF that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from SERVICEREEF or provide to SERVICEREEF through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on SERVICEREEF or otherwise make available by using SERVICEREEF.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into SERVICEREEF at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- "Content" includes any text, ideas, stories, quotes or other non-identifying information, as well as images or other media that is posted to ServiceReef by you or someone using your account or login.
- "Identifying Information" includes your name, address, phone number, email address, password and any other information of a personal nature that may initially or over time be entered into ServiceReef
- "ServiceReef" includes the ServiceReef website or any of its supporting applications, interfaces and websites. ServiceReef is a website of ServiceReef of Jefferson County, Kentucky, Inc. (“ServiceReef”)
- If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and SERVICEREEF, LLC. Otherwise, this Statement is an agreement between you and SERVICEREEF Ireland Limited. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean either SERVICEREEF, ServiceReef, LLC, as appropriate.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding SERVICEREEF, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing SERVICEREEF.
4. INFORMATION WE RECEIVE ABOUT YOU
We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
Your information is the information that's required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
- Registration information When you sign up for SERVICEREEF, you are required to provide information such as your name, email address.
- Information you choose to share Your information also includes the information you choose to share on SERVICEREEF, such as when you share a story, upload a photo, or comment on a friend's story.
- It also includes the information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, favorite an organization, like a page or a website, add a place to your story, or indicate personal interest.
Your name, profile pictures, cover photos, gender, networks, username and User ID are treated just like information you choose to make public. Learn more.
Your birthday allows us to do things like show you age-appropriate content and advertisements.
Information others share about you
We receive information about you from the community, such as when a resource is posted, tag you in a resource or event, or at a location, or add you to a group.
When people use SERVICEREEF, they may store and share information about you and others that they have, such as when they upload and manage their invites and contacts.
Other information we receive about you
We also receive other types of information about you:
- We receive data about you whenever you interact with SERVICEREEF, such as when you look at another person's profile, send or receive a message, search for someone’s or a page, click on, view or otherwise interact with things, use a SERVICEREEF mobile app, or make other purchases through SERVICEREEF.
- When you post things like photos or videos on SERVICEREEF, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
- We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access SERVICEREEF, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include your IP address and other information about things like your internet service, location, the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS or other location information so we can tell you if any of your friends are nearby.
- We receive data whenever you use an application, or website that uses SERVICEREEF Platform, sometimes through cookies. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web address, or URL, you're on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use; and, if you are logged in to SERVICEREEF, your User ID.
- Sometimes we get data from our affiliates or our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads, understand online activity, and generally make SERVICEREEF better. For example, an advertiser may tell us information about you (like how you responded to an ad on SERVICEREEF or on another site) in order to measure the effectiveness of - and improve the quality of - ads.
We also put together data from the information we already have about you and your friends. For example, we may put together data about you to determine which resources, opportunities, and connections to suggest to you. We may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to, for example, tell you and your friends about local resources and opportunities. We may also put together data about you to serve you ads that might be more relevant to you.
When we get your GPS location, we put it together with other location information we have about you (like your current city). But we only keep it until it is no longer useful to provide you services, like keeping your last GPS coordinates to send you relevant notifications.
We only provide data to our advertising partners or customers after we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people's data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
Information you choose to make public
Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people off of SERVICEREEF, will be able to see it. By posting information to SERVICEREEF you are making it public unless given the opportunity to make it private or noted that the information is private.
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
- can be associated with you (i.e., your name, profile pictures, organizations, tags, experiences, etc.) even off SERVICEREEF;
- can show up when someone does a search on SERVICEREEF or on a public search engine;
Sometimes you will not be able to select an audience when you post something. This is because some types of stories are always public stories. As a general rule, you should assume the information you share will be publicly available.
When others share information about you, they can also choose to make it public.
Information that is always publicly available
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and are treated just like information you decided to make public.
- Name This helps your friends and family find you.
- Profile Pictures These help your friends and family recognize you. If you are uncomfortable making any of these photos public, you can always delete it. Unless you delete them, when you add a new profile picture, the previous photo will remain public in your profile picture.
- Groups This helps you see whom you will be connecting with, working with, serving with, or suggested who you might connect with.
- Username and User ID These allow you to give out a custom link to your timeline or Page, receive email at your SERVICEREEF email address, and help make SERVICEREEF Platform possible. Learn more.
Usernames and User IDs
A Username (or SERVICEREEF URL) is a custom link to your timeline that you can give out to people or post on external websites. Usernames appear in the URL on your timeline. We also use your User ID to identify your SERVICEREEF account.
How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, our partners, and the developers, applications, and websites you use. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep SERVICEREEF products, services and integrations safe and secure;
- to protect SERVICEREEF's or others' rights or property;
- to provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see, including to deliver relevant ads to you;
- to make suggestions to you and other users on SERVICEREEF, such as: suggesting organizations, opportunities, best practices, events, groups, etc.
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide SERVICEREEF as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- received your permission;
- given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above.
Deleting and deactivating your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can either deactivate or delete it.
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. Other users will no longer see your information, but we do not delete any of your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future. Your friends will still see you listed in their list of friends while your account is deactivated.
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from SERVICEREEF. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. .
Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account. Some of the things you do on SERVICEREEF aren't stored in your account.
5. USING FACEBOOK SOCIAL LOGIN
Logging into SERVICEREEF using Facebook
The Facebook Platform lets you log into other applications and websites using your Facebook account. When you log in using Facebook, Facebook gives SERVICEREEF your User ID (just like when you connect with any other application), but Facebook does not share your email address or password with SERVICEREEF through this process without your permission.
If you already have an account on SERVICEREEF, SERVICEREEF may also be able to connect that account with your Facebook account. Sometimes SERVICEREEF does this using what is called an "email hash", which is similar to searching for someone on SERVICEREEF using an email address. Only the email addresses in this case are hashed so no email addresses are actually shared between Facebook and the SERVICEREEF.
How it works
SERVICEREEF sends over a hashed version of your email address, and Facebook matches it with a database of email addresses that Facebook has also hashed. If there is a match, then Facebook tells SERVICEREEF the User ID associated with the email address. This way, when you log into SERVICEREEF using Facebook, SERVICEREEF can link your Facebook account to your account on SERVICEREEF.
About social plugins
Social plugins are buttons, boxes, friend’s lists, and stories (such as the Like button) that SERVICEREEF and other websites can use to present Facebook content to you and create more social and personal experiences for you. While you view these buttons, boxes, and stories on other sites, the content comes directly from Facebook.
Sometimes plugins act just like applications. You can spot one of these plugins because it will ask you for permission to access your information or to publish information back to Facebook. For example, if you use a registration plugin on SERVICEREEF, the plugin will ask your permission to share your basic info with SERVICEREEF to make it easier for you to register for SERVICEREEF. Similarly, if you use an Add To Timeline plugin, the plugin will ask your permission to publish stories about your activities on SERVICEREEF to Facebook.
6. COOKIES, PIXELS, AND OTHER SYSTEM TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies, pixels and other system technologies
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Pixels are small blocks of code on webpages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage and often are used in connection with cookies.
We use technologies like cookies, pixels, and local storage (like on your browser or device, which is similar to a cookie but holds more information) to provide and understand a range of products and services.
We use these technologies to do things like:
- make SERVICEREEF easier or faster to use;
- enable features and store information about you (including on your device or in your browser cache) and your use of SERVICEREEF;
- deliver, understand and improve advertising;
- monitor and understand the use of our products and services;
- to protect you, others and SERVICEREEF.
For example, we may use them to know you are logged in to SERVICEREEF, to help you use social plugins and share buttons, or to know when you are interacting with our advertising or Platform partners.
We may ask advertisers or other partners to serve ads or services to computers, mobile phones or other.
If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you may use SERVICEREEF Payments only with the involvement of your parent or guardian. Make sure you review these Terms with your parent or guardian so that you both understand all of your rights and responsibilities.
We have provided some section headers for your convenience, but you should carefully read through these User Payments Terms (the "Terms") in order to understand your rights and responsibilities, as well as ours.
7. USER PAYMENT TERMS
1. Making Payments
- Pricing. Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs, all of which you are responsible for funding.
- Extra terms. You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
- Subscriptions. If you purchase a subscription, we will bill your funding instrument immediately, and then again at the beginning of each subscription period. The following terms apply for subscriptions purchased through SERVICEREEF Payments: 1. If a free trial period is offered and you do not cancel during the free trial period, you will be billed at the end of the free trial period and at the beginning of each subsequent subscription period. 2. You can cancel subscriptions at any time on your Account Settings page. 3. If you cancel a subscription you will still have access to the app or feature you subscribed to through the end of the subscription period. If an app or feature you subscribed to becomes unavailable during your subscription you will not be billed at the beginning of the next subscription period.
- No Warranties. You acknowledge that the products or services you may purchase are sold by merchants, not by SERVICEREEF. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH SERVICEREEF.
2. Payment Methods
- Funding instruments. We want to make SERVICEREEF payments convenient, so we allow you to fund your transactions using a number of different sources, like credit cards and debit cards, and other payment methods.
- Authority. When you provide a funding instrument to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that funding instrument. When you fund a transaction, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the funding instrument you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect and store that funding instrument, along with other related transaction information.
- Authorization. If you pay by credit or debit card, we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount, which may be as high as the full price of your purchase. We will bill your card at the time you make a payment transaction, or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, this pre-approval may result in those funds not otherwise being immediately available to you.
- Failed funding. If you fund a payment by debit card and your load transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
3. Actions We May Take
- At-will use. We may revoke your eligibility to make SERVICEREEF payments at any time at our sole discretion.
- Right to cancel. We may cancel any transaction if we believe the transaction violates SERVICEREEF TERMS, or if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss. We may also cancel any electronic value accumulated, transferred, assigned, or sold as a result of fraudulent or illegal behavior.
- Payment limitations. In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, or limit funding instruments for a transaction, or limit your ability to make a purchase, or deactivate your account.
- Sharing of information. In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may contact your funding instrument issuer, law enforcement, or affected third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with, if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
- Abandoned Property. If you leave a Balance unused for the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if you delete your account and leave a Balance, or if we deactivate your account and you do not meet any conditions necessary to reinstate it within six (6) months, we may process your balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Balance to the appropriate governing body as required by law.
4. Disputes and Reversals
- No liability for spend transaction. If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased, we have no liability for the goods or services underlying the transaction. Our only responsibility is to handle your funding transaction. All funding transactions are final unless required by law. If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, you may request a refund of your funded amount.
- Duty to notify us. If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge, you will have waived, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all claims against us arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction.
- Intervention. We may intervene in disputes concerning payments that may arise between you and a developer, but we have no obligation to do so.
- Technical difficulties. If you experience a technical failure or interruption of service that causes your funding transaction to fail, you may request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
5. Notices and Amendments to These Terms
- Notice to you. By making payments to SERVICEREEF, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your purchases or your account. We may also provide notices to you by posting them on our website, or by sending them to an email address or street address that you previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent; notices by postal mail shall be considered received within three (3) business days of the time sent.
- Notice to us. Except as otherwise stated, you must send notices to us relating to SERVICEREEF Payments and these Terms.
- Amendment guidelines. We may update these Payments Terms at any time without notice as we deem necessary to the full extent permitted by law. The Payments Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
6. Additional Terms
- Conflict of terms. All of the commitments you make in the SERVICEREEF Statement of Rights and Responsibilities apply to your use of SERVICEREEF Payments. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the SERVICEREEF Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, the Community Payments Terms shall prevail.
- Conflict of laws. Some countries may restrict or prohibit your ability to make payments through SERVICEREEF. Nothing in these Terms should be read to override or circumvent any such foreign laws.
- Courtesy translations. These Terms were written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of these terms conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
7. Base SERVICEREEF Charges
- Stripe Connect standard service charges (3.5% + .30 per transaction)
- SERVICEREEF standard service charge (1% per transaction or less)
8. PAYMENT ACCOUNT AND SECURITY
To access certain aspects of the Service, you must create and maintain an account (“Account”). You can create an Account by completing the registration process through the Site. You may be required to provide information about yourself as part of the registration process or your continued use of the Service. You agree that any registration information that you submit to the Company will be correct, accurate and up to date. Your Account will remain active unless and until it is cancelled by you or is otherwise terminated or suspended in accordance with this section. We use a third party payment processor to process payments that you make in connection with the Service and payments from transactions that are initiated through your ServiceReef. In order to create and maintain an Account, you must create an account (“Payment Account”) with our designated payment processor (“Payment Processor”). You will need to provide the Payment Processor with details relating to the financial institution where you maintain an account and your account details and you agree that the information you submit to the Payment Processor will be correct, accurate and up to date at all times. All payment transactions initiated by users of your ServiceReef shall be processed through your Payment Account with the Payment Processor. If your Payment Account is terminated or suspended, your access to your Account and the Service will be terminated or suspended, as the case may be.
The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you via email technical support and customer service related to your Account and/or the Service.
You agree to pay all fees, charges and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using your Account. In addition, you agree to pay us any and all fees, charges and taxes we may incur as a result of transactions completed through your ServiceReef. All fees and charges are payable in accordance with payment terms in effect at the time the fee or the charge becomes payable. Payments made through your Payment Account will be processed by the Payment Processor and allocated between you and the Company in accordance with our then-current Membership Pricing. Unless otherwise noted, all currency references are in U.S. dollars. The Company may, from time to time, modify, amend, or supplement its Membership Pricing and billing procedures and such changes shall be effective thirty (30) days after an update of this ToU describing such changes is first posted or notice of such change is provided elsewhere on the Site. The Company will make a good faith effort to notify you in advance of a change in its Membership Pricing and/or billing procedures. If there is a dispute regarding your payment of fees, or the Service, the Company shall have the right to terminate your Account without prior notice. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY APPLICABLE FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART (UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED IN OUR BILLING POLICY). YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. By accepting this ToU or using the Site and/or the Service, you represent that you have read and consent to our Membership Pricing and Billing Policy in addition to this ToU. If at any point you do not agree to any portion of the Membership Pricing or the Billing Policy, you must immediately stop using the Site and the Service.
A record of transactions that you complete through your ServiceReef (“Transaction History”) will be available to you through the Payment Processor’s Web-based management dashboard. Except as required by law, you are solely responsible for reconciling your Transaction History with the actual payment transactions completed through your ServiceReef and verifying that such payments have been allocated properly between you and the Company. You agree to promptly notify us of any discrepancies arising from such reconciliation and verification. We will investigate any reported discrepancies of payments allocated by the Payment Processor between you and the Company and attempt to rectify any errors that you or we discover. In the event we determine you are owed money as a result of a discrepancy, we will transfer funds to a bank account that you specify in writing within thirty (30) days following when we are first made aware of such error. Your failure to notify us of a discrepancy in your Transaction History within sixty (30) days of when the subject transaction first appears in your Transaction History will be deemed a waiver of any right to amounts owed to you in connection with any such discrepancy. You must promptly notify us of any erroneous transaction submitted through your ServiceReef or of any transaction that is processed by the Payment Processor erroneously and we will cooperate with the Payment Processor to remit any payments allocated to us as a result of such reported error. Your failure to notify us of a payment processing error within thirty (30) days of when it first appears in your Transaction History will be deemed a waiver of any right you may have to amounts allocated to us relating to such processing error.
Maintaining Account security is very important. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Account password. You agree to notify the Company immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your Account.
Account Sharing or Transfers
Accounts are registered to you personally and may not be sold, traded, gifted or otherwise transferred at any time under any circumstances. You may not share your Account. You may not disclose your password to anyone else.
Cancellation by You
You have the right to cancel your Account at any time. You may cancel your Account by following the instructions on the Site for closing your Account.
Termination by the Company
The Company may at any time terminate your Account if:
The Company determines that you are (i) in breach of or otherwise acting inconsistently with this ToU or (ii) engaging in fraudulent or illegal activities or other conduct that may result in liability to the Company;
The Company determines it is required by law to terminate your Account; or
The Company decides to stop providing the Service or critical portions of the Service in the country where you reside, access the Site or use the Service or the Company determines that it is no longer in its business interests to continue providing the Service or critical portions of the Service.
Effect of Account Termination or Cancellation
If you voluntarily terminate your Account or allow your Account to lapse, you will be able to reactivate the Account at any time through the Account interface on the Site. Accounts terminated by the Company for any type of abuse, including without limitation a violation of this ToU, may not be reactivated for any reason.
9. SERVICEREEF COMMUNITY STANDARDS
SERVICEREEF gives people around the world the power to publish their own stories, see the world through the eyes of many other people, and connect and share wherever they go. The conversation that happens on SERVICEREEF – and the opinions expressed here – mirror the diversity of the people using SERVICEREEF.
To balance the needs and interests of a global population, SERVICEREEF protects expression that meets the community standards outlined here.
Please review these standards. They will help you understand what type of expression is acceptable, and what type of content may be reported and removed.
Violence and Threats Safety is SERVICEREEF's top priority. We remove content and may escalate to law enforcement when we perceive a genuine risk of physical harm, or a direct threat to public safety. You may not credibly threaten others, or organize acts of real-world violence. Organizations with a record of terrorist or violent criminal activity are not allowed to maintain a presence on our site. We also prohibit promoting, planning or celebrating any of your actions if they have, or could, result in financial harm to others, including theft and vandalism.
Self-Harm SERVICEREEF takes threats of self-harm very seriously. We remove any promotion or encouragement of self-mutilation, eating disorders or hard drug abuse. We also work with suicide prevention agencies around the world to provide assistance for people in distress.
Bullying and Harassment SERVICEREEF does not tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow users to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but take action on all reports of abusive behavior directed at private individuals. Repeatedly targeting other users with unwanted friend requests or messages is a form of harassment.
Hate Speech SERVICEREEF does not permit hate speech, but distinguishes between serious and humorous speech. While we encourage you to challenge ideas, institutions, events, and practices, we do not permit individuals or groups to attack others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.
Graphic Content People use SERVICEREEF to share events through photos and videos. We understand that graphic imagery is a regular component of current events, but must balance the needs of a diverse community. Sharing any graphic content for sadistic pleasure is prohibited.
Nudity and Pornography SERVICEREEF has a strict policy against the sharing of pornographic content and any explicitly sexual content where a minor is involved.
Identity and Privacy On SERVICEREEF people connect using their real names and identities. We ask that you refrain from publishing the personal information of others without their consent. Claiming to be another person, creating a false presence for an organization, or creating multiple accounts undermines community and violates SERVICEREEF¹s terms.
Intellectual Property Before sharing content on SERVICEREEF, please be sure you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights.
Phishing and Spam We take the safety of our members seriously and work to prevent attempts to compromise their privacy or security. We also ask that you respect our members by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
SecurityWe take the safety of our members seriously and work to prevent attempts to compromise their privacy or security, including those that use fraud or deception. Additionally, we ask that you respect our members by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
10. DMCA – DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Louisville, Kentucky, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, ServiceReef may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at ServiceReef's sole discretion.
Welcome to ServiceReef’s website! We offer this site as a convenience to you and hope it benefits your personal life. We have established a few ground rules to help make this site helpful and safe for all our visitors. Please carefully read all of these terms and conditions prior to using this site.
Description of Services
Applicability & Acceptance of Terms
The logo of ServiceReef is a registered trademark of ServiceReef, in the United States of America and in other countries. The trademarks and other ServiceReef graphics, logos, and service names are also trademarks of ServiceReef. ServiceReef’s trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not under ServiceReef’s ownership or control. Furthermore, such trademarks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits ServiceReef. All other trademarks not owned by ServiceReef or its affiliates that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by ServiceReef or its affiliates.
Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability
This site is provided to you on an "as is" basis. ServiceReef makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or to the information contained therein. This includes, but is not limited to, the text, graphics, audio, icons, buttons, images, and products contained on this site. ServiceReef fully disclaims, to the full extent permissible under applicable law, all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. ServiceReef, nor any other person or entity involved in creating, producing or delivering this site, shall not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. This limitation of liability applies without limitation to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. ServiceReef also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this site, or of your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this site. ServiceReef assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of this site, as well as any off site pages or additional sites linked to this site, for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained therein. ServiceReef will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the disclosure of the identity of any person positing any such information or materials.
Accuracy of Web Sites Including Future Revisions
ServiceReef uses reasonable efforts to include accurate, up-to-date information on this site. ServiceReef makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. ServiceReef assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. ServiceReef neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials on this site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with ServiceReef.
As a courtesy to you, this site offers links to other websites. Some of these sites may be affiliated with ServiceReef, while others are not. ServiceReef has not reviewed all of the sites nor the entirety of any single site linked to and from this site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages. Visiting any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
DO NOT SEND ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION TO THIS SITE. Any communication or material that you transmit to this site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Furthermore, you agree that such information is non-confidential and non-proprietary. Therefore, anything that you transmit or post to this site may be used by ServiceReef or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, ServiceReef is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to this site for any purpose whatsoever.
Dealing with Advertisers or Other Third Parties
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions or contests of, advertisers or other third parties (which are entities other than ServiceReef) found on or through this site, including payment and delivery of related goods and services together with any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and that advertiser or third party. You agree that ServiceReef shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or third parties on this site.
You understand that you are the sole person that is responsible for any and all information that you post, upload, email or transmit to or from this site, including, but not limited to, all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, audio, messages, or other material. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. You are prohibited from collecting or storing personal information about other users and from stalking or harassing another. Furthermore, you are prohibited from engaging in any conduct that is harmful to minors in any way.
Applicable Law & General Information